There is really a lot of learning in making bread. I guess the same is true with many other things in life. Now that I have tried different brands of flour, I have to say brands do matter. By reading the ingredients and nutrition label, one can also figure out which brand or type of flour is more appropiate for bread making. So far I can handle white flour very well as well as 50% white with 50% wheat. Wholewheat is a little harder to make it soft. In terms of the gluten level, the higher the %, the softer it taste.
Below are some new bread I have done lately. My next try will be using the zhong zhong method (中種)is a Japanese style of bread making. It combines regular dough with refrigerated dough with which the bread will taste very soft and silky. I hope that would not be too difficult to do. =)


No comments:
Post a Comment