Friday, February 17, 2012

Home Made Butter

After searching for some other recipes on the web, I ran into a video about making butter at home. It reminded me about last year when JT told me that they made butter at school and the teacher let them tasted it.

At that time, my first thought was it must be something easy to make and I was glad that JT's school was teaching them such a fun thing to introduce them about taste and all the different vocabularies related to taste.

When I was young, I never learned to do butter. So, after watching that video, I decided to give it a try.  All I bought was a small box of cream. And took an empty jar out. Then, shake it for about half an hour. While doing that, I wondered if it would be successful as it looked only like a thicker cream.














Then all in a sudden, the cream parted into butter and some liquid, which is called "buttermilk".
Voila! It's done.

After straining, I kept the buttermilk in the fridge. Hoping to use it to make muffins soon.



After rinsing the butter in water, I put it in a small jar to be stored in the freezer to get it hard. Then put it back to the other side of the fridge. 

JT was so excited to see the butter and ask to eat it fresh on a piece of cracker. He said it tasted very good and asked for a second piece. =) I used this butter to make some bread today, it tasted well according to OT. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment