Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Kitchen Enzyme

The other day, I was reading a newspaper. In one of the column, there was an article about kitchen enzyme or garbage enzyme. Its a green concept about turning vegetable or fruit waste into enzyme that one can use as an enhancer of dish washing liquid or detergents.
http://news.hkheadline.com/dailynews/headline_news_detail_columnist.asp?id=177893&section_name=wtt&kw=233

I thought that is quite an interesting subject. So, I googled some more information on the web. And found out that it is in fact easy to make or at least easy to prepare. All it takes is 1 part brown sugar, 3 parts uncooked fruit/veggie waste and 10 parts water. Put everything in and store it up for 3 months.

A couple of days after reading the article, I got some carrot waste after juicing and also an empty 2 litre plastic bottle on hand. So, I put all the ingredients in i.e. 120g of sugar, 360g of carrot waste and 1200g (5 cups) of water. Now it is locked and stored in a dry cool place. Every few days, I will open it to release some gas. Will let you know how it turned out in May.


No comments:

Post a Comment