http://www.soyandpepper.com/2010/02/homemade-bak-kwa-rougan.html
After getting comfortable with using the oven given to me by my sister-in-law, I gave it a try on the pork jerky recipe. I followed everything except the food coloring part that I skipped.
This is how it looked after cooking in the oven for 1 hour. For anyone interested in doing it, I would recommend to buy pork with more lean meat. I had told the butcher that I need 'half fat and half lean'. There is a lot of oil in the tray after cooking.
The next step is grilling it to get it more crispy. In fact, after grilling, it turns a little reddish just like those from a shop!

It turned out very nice. The hardest part of the whole process is cleaning of the grill. And because of that, I probably won't want to do it again although my friends and family all said it tasted good.


No comments:
Post a Comment