Friday, February 3, 2012

More Bread

After making the first loaf of whole wheat bread, I wanted to find out how to make bread softer and more fluffy. It tasted very dense and rich. So, I made changes to two things. Buy another brand of white flour and put in more yeast. For the second loaf, it came out slightly softer but equally rich. Meaning, you feel very full after eating 1 small piece.

Then, I think it may not work just following the recipe on the flour packaging. I bought a book on how to make Japanese style bread. Voila! This recipe really works! The the bread is now soft like those from the bakery. JT and OT are happy with it.

This is the third loaf of white bread following the Japanese bread recipe.












And here is the book that I followed.


















I still wonder why the crust of the bread in the book looks a little glossy but mine is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment