Then, I wanted to try making cookies last week. The kind of cookie I had in mind was the type that is cut by cookie cutters. I followed the recipe of making cheese cookie from a book that I borrowed from the library. It did not look like those I had in mind. Yet, JT liked the taste of it. No one else in the family liked this cookie. =( . The texture is not right. I had followed everthing in the recipe except that I did not have any cream of tartar to put in. May be that was the reason? May be the creaming part went wrong as I do not have an electric mixer?
My second attempt was to use a Danish cookie recipe instead of a cheese cookie. This did not work as well although it looked more like cookies. (Picture below is before the cookies in the oven.) This one tasted better than the last, yet it is still not what I had in mind. I was wondering how to improve it.
After watching many videos on Youtubes and bought a cookie book written by a Japanese lady. I decided to try it for the third time. Then, it worked!! Everyone in the family loved this taste and texture. It did look a liitle like those sold in the bakery. I proudly dig out the cookie tin that I saved a month earlier and put all the cookies in. Don't they look good in a cookie tin? =)


No comments:
Post a Comment