http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdb4Mu0IX2U&feature=related
I tried it out last night by using half in wholewheat flour and half in white flour. After making the dough, I added some raisins in the final stage and let it rise twice, each with 1 hour. The cook time I used is slightly different than the one in the cartoon. Only because I have a rice cooker with fuzzy logic function built-in so the cooking time is controlled by the rice cooker.
The first cycle was 35 minutes and the bread is done. Since it is much less than the 60 minutes recommeded time on each side, I am afraid the inside is not fully cooked. So, I flipped it over for another cook cycle. This time the rice cooker only let it cook for 5 minutes.
Still skeptical, I used an instant thermometer to check the tempurature of the bread and found that it is already 210F. So, I do think it is done!
I quickly take it out and put it on a cooling rack. It is how it looked. The top part is browned during the second cycle.
This is how the bottom part looked when it is flipped. The browning in the bottom is done by the first cooking cycle.
In terms of taste, it is as soft as oven-made bread. Only that the crust is less attractive than bread made from an oven. But it is fun knowing that bread can be made with a rice cooker!!


No comments:
Post a Comment