Saturday, April 13, 2013

Deep Fried Shrimp Wonton

  I bought a manual meat grinder in a small shop in Tsuen Wan while visiting some of the bakery supplies shops in the area. Nowadays, rent for retail shops is getting very expensive and it is hard to find small shops in a shopping mall. Tsuen Wan is an older area and in one of the commercial building, many of the office space are turned into retail space for small shops. 
  I find the concept of a home meat grinder interesting. It is so hygienic and easy to mince meat at home! The sales lady also sold me an attachment where one can put on to make sausages. Though she gave me a few sausage casings, I have yet to try making sausage at home. 
  Well, my first try was shrimp paste. I bought some prawn and after washing and cleaning them, I simply put it through the grinder, with only a few easy turns on the handle, viola the shrimp paste came out quickly. 
  I then put the paste in some store bought wonton wraps and deep fry it in a shallow pan of oil. They taste so good!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment