I thought about making bagels for a while. I used to buy frozen bagels and heat it up when they wanted to eat them. However, I was quite reluctant to try because of boiling the dough for a while seemed a little too much work.
The other day, I finally gave it a try. It was in fact not as difficult as I had imagined. =)
First let it rise in a ball shape for 45 mins under room temperature. Then after relaxing it for 10 minutes, roll out the dough and make it into a log shape. Connect both ends and wrap it nicely into a circle.
Then, put the dough in a sugar bath (boiled sugar water) for 10 seconds on each side. Then scoop it up and let it sit in a covered place for the second rise, about 30 minutes.
Now it was ready to be baked.
It turned out quite nice.




No comments:
Post a Comment