Friday, January 9, 2009

School Hunting

Since August, I have been making appointments to visit primary schools near where we live. So far, we have been to 6 which includes a Direct Subsidy School, some private schools as well as international schools. The diffrent streams of school each has their pros and cons. Each school we have visited also has their own unique quality and areas of concern for us. For example, some are of short history so no proven track record of academic excellence of their graduates, one is known to have very heavy workload for its students and one is very strict with the age of the student, i.e. they do not accept child born after Sep 1........

I have also talked to parents with children studying in different schools and attended the primary school talk available in JT's kindergarten in Nov. Those are all very informative and help shed different perspectives on the schools.

Of the 6, so far I have ruled out 1 because of the behaviors of their students I have seen in the neigborhood. As I have started early, we still have time to continue with the research. I am sure this topic will occupy my mind for quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment