Sunday, December 14, 2008

Visiting the Science Museum

I happened to pass by the HK Tourism Board counter and got some fliers. So, JT, OT and I went to the HK Science Museum in Tsim Sha Tsui East last Saturday. Amy, George and Nathan was able to join. I would not know there is such a museum in Hong Kong without seeing the flier. We went in by purchasing the day pass at $35 per person. Later when we chated with friends about this museum and the Chinese astronauts exhibition, they all knew about it and that one should buy the family annual pass at $200 per family. Sometimes, I felt like I am a stranger in Hong Kong.

JT and Nathan had a lot of fun in this museum. Besides the astronauts exhibition, there are many things for them to experience such as playing in a sports car, in an airplane to see the aerial view of Hong Kong, moving a crane by pressing some buttons. In the sports arena area, they can run, walk in a beam, play baseball and shop in a supermarket where all the items are in plastics and they are be able to act as the cashier to check out all the items. Somehow, the "beep" sound of scanning each item was a great source of fun to them. After this exhibition, JT was able to recognize the Chinese words for "China" (中國) and "Astronaut" (太空人).

I think we will bring them back for another exhibition when JT and Nathan are older. By then, they will be able to understand more about information provided in the exhibition. It is a great place for the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment