Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Preserved Vegetables

There is a kind of preserved vegetables called 雪裡紅or 雪菜. It tasted good with shredded pork and when eaten with noodles or rice noodles. But there are also numerous dishes  that one can use this preserved veggie.

Most of the time, people used mustard to make it. I happened to have read a blog by a Taiwanese cook whom advises the same can be made with the stem of a turnip.


I got some organic turnip from my recent visit to a farm and we have consumed some of the turnips during the hot pot dinner last night. The turnip tops I have saved though.


So, I washed them and drained them.

Then I rub some salt on them after they are kind of dry. Next I put them in the fridge to age. Will have to see if it comes out okay after a few days. Hope so. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment