Saturday, November 30, 2013

Learning New Dishes

Lately, I found some time to learn cooking new dishes. Some of the recipes I used are in fact very forgiving and produce good results.

Beef Brisket and Turnip Stew.
I tried this recipe because it usually takes one much attention to watch the fire while stewing on the stove top. This simple recipe by a chef utilizes the rice cooker to stew. Ingredients are simple: Turnip, beef brisket, ginger, garlic and mandarin peel, oyster sauce, Chu Hau Sauce, rock sugar and water. First blanch the beef brisket. Fry some ginger in the wok and add the beef brisket to stir fry. Once the beef brisket is cooked, add the other ingredients and bring them to boil. Then transfer them to the rice cooker. Press the start button and it will be done in less than an hour. Depends on the rice cooker, one might need to cook it a little longer than a regular cycle. It's delicious.


These are the new dishes that I made for my hubby.

These are the new dishes that I made while my hubby was on a trip and I made for my son.

There is so much to learn about cooking and it's a discovery for me each time I try something new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment