Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Gold Fish Street (Tung Choi Street)

I figured that it's been a while since JT and I had our last 'Weekday Adventure' after school and it's high time we had one. This time I picked the Goldfish Market in Toi Choi Street, Mongkok. Local people called it Goldfish Street.

JT was happy to visit a new place. He didn't know that he was going to see a cluster of acquarium shops, a whole two blocks of them! In the below pictures, you can see a good mix of different types of acquarium shops from high-ended to low-ended ones.








When we first started, we entered a very small shop. JT was gazing at the goldfish in the small plastic bags above. He was carefully checking them out one by one. Then when was done and to his surprise, he found turtles in a plastic basin near his feet.

He paid a lot of attention along the way as I asked him to choose one fish that he liked to bring home. Then, he saw the below and asked what they were.



He looked closer and figured out they were frogs! Yes, they do sell more things than fish. One can find all types of acquarium supplies and a few types of reptiles there. At last, he picked a fish and a small Brazilian turtle. He was very happy and insisted to carry the fish tank and everything home by himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment