Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tao Fong Shan (道風山)

Since moving to Shatin, I always see a big white cross on top of the mountain opposite to the Shatin Train Station. Later on, I found out that the name of the mountain is Tao Fong Shan (道風山) and there is a church in an ancient Chinese style building. It's been more than 2 years and I have never visited the place to appreciate the architecture of the building. And to understand more about places near where I live.

Today I finally got a chance to go as I was able to find someone that knows the way to show me how to walk up there. It is a beautiful place, the walk wasn't difficult (about 40 mins if one takes the long way) and the air was fresh. We began at the Shatin train station and walked towards a village called Pa Tau Village. From the small path leading uphill, the first section was easy to walk and not too steep. The rest were mostly stairs. Once you got to the top of the mountain, one could see the different buildings which include a church in ancient Chinese style (see below). As one walked further, there was a labyrinth specially design for people to walk and contemplate as one walked in it.

It was nice to be able to do some morning exercise and be able to go back in time to send my son to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment